Banana and Oat Biscuits – Weekend Treats
Last Updated: 10th November 2022 · Written by Donna Mastriani
While we’re all trying to be healthier it’s fair to say that not everyone can go without a quick snack between meals, but that doesn’t mean caving-in to temptations at every turn. We’ve got a light oat biscuit recipe to keep you powering through those mid-afternoon slumps, without the guilt and come-down that comes following a chocolate bar.
These light banana and oat biscuits are the perfect, guilt-free solution to those midmorning hunger pangs. Low in fat, no excessive amounts of sugar and free from common allergens. You can use these biscuits to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying healthy.
- 90g rolled oats
- 60g cup quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 30g chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- First, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (gas mark 4).
- Next, pour all of the oats into a medium-sized bowl.
- Take a separate bowl and mash the bananas until they turn soft and liquidy.
- Mix the bananas and oats together until they’re a combined mixture.
- Scoop the mixture with a small cookie scoop, and place them on a lined baking tray, leaving plenty of space between each scoop.
- Flatten your cookies before baking and top them with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, keeping an eye on them, and allow to cool before eating.
You can opt for gluten-free oats and chocolate chips to make this recipe gluten-free if it has shown up in your results. If you want to make these biscuits even more nutritious, swap out the chocolate chips for your choice of nuts – we recommend walnuts if you aren’t allergic to them.
To make the recipe vegan while keeping that chocolatey taste, try swapping the chips for these delicious cacao nibs from MyVegan. They’re rich in magnesium, iron and antioxidants too, giving you a nutrient-boost when you’ll need it most.
Eating healthier doesn’t have to mean constantly feeling hangry and renouncing all snacks that aren’t a piece of fruit or carrot sticks. Don’t be afraid to get baking and pack a few of these tasty light bites to help you through the day.