No-Bake Cacao Round – Weekend Treats
If you’re in the mood for some chocolatey goodness, we’ve got the recipe for you this week. This gluten, wheat and dairy-free recipe needs no oven and is ready in just 4 steps. For those of you with a nut allergy or almond intolerance, it does contain almond butter so you’d be better off trying out a replacement.
Here’s what you’ll need for this weekend pick-me-up;
- 30g coconut flour
- 30g almond butter
- 30g cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 60ml applesauce
- 60ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
- 30g cacao nibs
- Combine the coconut flour, almond butter and cacao (or cocoa) powder into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add in applesauce, water, vanilla extract, and stevia. Mix it all thoroughly.
- Scoop out the dough and roll them into equal-sized balls.
- Coat with cacao nibs and enjoy!
We recommend storing them in the fridge and consuming within 3 days (in case you needed an excuse). If almond butter is off the table for you, another nut or seed-based butter, such as; peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter should work well while keeping the recipe vegan too. Tahini (sesame butter) is also a decent choice.