Scrumptious Coconut Truffles – Weekend Treats
These coconut-based sweets are almost guilt-free. You may have noticed that a lot of vegan treats make use of coconut or nuts (or both!), but that doesn’t mean they’re all the same! And besides, who doesn’t love the taste of coconut?
They’re vegan (and, hence, dairy-free) and take no baking, so you can get your little ones involved without worrying about any burns. But the best part of this recipe is that it’s straightforward, with only four steps before you’ve got some yummy nibbles to hand.
Quick note: This recipe does contain nuts, for those of you who are allergic or intolerant, though you may be able to substitute for another butter.
- 30g coconut flour
- 30g almond butter
- 60ml / 30g cup applesauce
- 45ml Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 12 drops liquid stevia extract
- 3 Tbsp reduced-fat shredded coconut
1. Combine the coconut flour and almond butter in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
2. Add in applesauce, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and stevia. Mix thoroughly.
3. Next, scoop out the dough and roll it into equal balls.
4. Coat each ball with shredded coconut and enjoy.
As I said, it’s super simple — a wonderful treat for the lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant and vegans among you. But you don’t have to have special dietary requirements to enjoy them!
You chocoholics can substitute the cinnamon for cocoa or cacao powder if you’d prefer a chocolatey taste. If you have any more substitutes, feel free to get in touch and comment below. We love to hear your recommendations.