Gluten-Free Brownie Recipe
11th March 2020 · Written by adam
Living gluten-free doesn’t have to mean eating brownie-free and to prove it; we’ve got an easy gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe for you to sink your teeth into. These brownies should come out with a crinkly top, chewy edges and, of course, a deliciously gooey centre.
Gluten-Free Brownie Stats
Calories Per Serving – 515
- Fat – 33g
- Carbs – 45g
- Sugar – 37g
- Fibre – 4g
- Protein – 7g
- Preparation Time – 20 Minutes
- Baking Time – 40 Minutes
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed, (with extra for baking tray)
- 150g milk chocolate, cut roughly into chunks
- 100g gluten-free plain flour sieved
- 60g cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or paste
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4/180C/160C fan. Grease a 30 x 20cm non-stick baking tray with butter, and line the base with baking paper.
- Next, fill a small saucepan a third full with water, bring to a simmer and then place a snug-fitting heatproof bowl on top.
- Add the butter and chocolate to your saucepan, and gently melt over low heat. Remember to stir occasionally, and be careful not to let it burn to the bottom. Take it off the heat and leave to cool for a little while.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together using an electric whisk for around 8-10 mins (or until it’s thick enough to leave a trail).
- Gently fold through the vanilla and cooled melted chocolate, followed by the flour, salt, and cocoa. Lastly, fold through the chocolate chunks before pouring the batter into your lined tray.
- Then place the tray in the centre of your oven, and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Leave them to cool in the tin before cutting into 12 squares, ready to serve.