This dragonfruit cheesecake is a great vegan-friendly option for when you and the family get those post dinner cravings. A unique dairy-free recipe, its a cheesecake that even the lactose intolerant among us can enjoy free from worry. Its devoid of all the most common allergens except for nuts.
- 110g walnuts
- 280g Medjool dates
- 30g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 175g chopped dragonfruit
- 125g raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 300g raw cashews, soaked overnight, then drained & rinsed
- 230g coconut cream
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 350g brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Line an 8×8 inch tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Add the walnuts, cocoa powder, dates, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
3. Use your fingers or the back of a large spoon to press the dough evenly into the bottom of the baking tray.
4. Place the tray in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
5. Add the dragonfruit, raspberries, and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit breaks down into a syrup. Set the pan aside for later.
6. Blend the cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in the food processor until smooth.
7. Pour your cheesecake mixture into the baking tray, spreading evenly.
8. Next, add dollops of the dragonfruit sauce on top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, start making swirls through the cheesecake layer until you achieve the desired marble look.
9. Store in the freezer for 2-4 hours to firm up the cheesecake.
10. Can be served frozen, or thawed for 10-15 minutes for a softer texture.