Vegan Banana Bread Loaf – Weekend Treats
Last Updated: 10th November 2022 · Written by Donna Mastriani
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
This week we’ve got a moist banana bread recipe for you to try out. Not only is this recipe vegan, (as usual) but it’s also nut-free! So it’s a great option for anyone suffering from common food allergies – almost allergen-free. Why not give it a go over the weekend and let us know how you like it?
- Cooking spray
- 180g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 very ripe, mashed bananas
- 50g sugar
- 125ml plain soy-milk yoghurt
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Line the bottom and two long sides of a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan, with baking paper. Be sure to leave a 2-inch overhang on each long side, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk the bananas, oil, sugar, yoghurt and vanilla together in another bowl. Then, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry, with a spatula until the batter just comes together (lumps are perfectly fine).
4. Transfer the batter into the loaf pan from earlier and bake for approximately 55 to 60 minutes – until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. You can tent the loaf with foil if it starts browning too quickly.
5. Cool the loaf in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Then lift it out from the pan by the overhanging baking paper and cool the loaf entirely on the stand. Store the bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.