Vegan Coconut Pancakes
Last Updated: 10th November 2022 · Written by Donna Mastriani
This week’s weekend treat is a well-loved old-fashioned breakfast; Pancakes. Since vegan food, incidentally, is often allergen-free, we’ve fished out a vegan recipe for you to experiment with. While some might see vegan breakfasts as a bit dull (usually a smoothie or porridge-concoction), we’d happily argue that these pancakes are anything but!
Its coconut base gives these pancakes a nice sweet hint to them, and you can add any of your favourite toppings to fully satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 240ml unsweetened coconut milk (or another non-dairy milk)
- 160g rice flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp egg replacement powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to Gas mark 1 (140 C) or slow cook, and place baking paper in the oven. You’ll be keeping the finished pancakes warm in here until you’re done and ready to serve them.
- In a mixing bowl, baking powder, combine flour, and cinnamon with a fork until combined.
- Next, take out a separate mixing bowl, and whisk together the egg replacement powder with water, then add the coconut milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add the liquid ingredients to the dry, along with the shredded coconut, and stir just enough to get the mixture combined. Be careful you don’t over mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium, use kitchen roll to spread a light coating of coconut oil on the surface.
- Then scoop approximately 60ml of the pancake mixture into the pan.
- Once the surface bubbles, flip it. The other side should take 1 to 2 minutes. As you go, place your complete pancakes in the oven to keep them warm.
- Serve your pancakes with warm syrup, another sprinkling of shredded coconut and grated raw cacao on top with a little vegan butter.